Wizard Installation and Configuration Guide
Refer to the ‘Installation and Configuration Guide’ to step you through the process of setting up the wizard.
This guide is available in three formats, click on one of the following links:
TIP: Use the online guide and go to the ‘Steps – Installation and Configuration’ section. Make sure that you follow the steps. A common issue is that the packages are not installed into the database in step 3.
Shared Installation Script
- Shared Installation Script e.g. install.zip
- Product Installation File e.g. Asset_Wizard_1.1.72.zip
The Shared Installation Script installs the m4aps_xml package that is shared across all More4Apps Wizards. If you are installing multiple products, you will only need to run the ‘Shared Installation Script’ once per Oracle Instance.
The Product Installation File installs the specific product package(s) required for the associated wizard, each product installation file needs to be installed once per Oracle instance.
If our support team request that you install the latest “Shared Installation Script” or “XML Package”, click on one of the links below. (NB. If you have downloaded a product you will also have the same link in your email). Choose the script that relates to your instance of Oracle (i.e. Release 11i or 12):
If you have any questions regarding installation or upgrade of products, contact us via the Request Product Support
page for FREE INSTALLATION SUPPORT.
Our products are compatible with the large majority of business environments. Below are some details for your technical team.
- Minimum Operating System Windows 7
- Minimum Office version Office 2007. Macros need to be enabled while running the Wizards.
Note: No additional software is required on the client (e.g. ODBC, JRE).
- Database Version 10g, 11g, 12c
- Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10 onwards (i.e. 11.5.10, 12.0.*, 12.1.*, 12.2.*). On request we may be able to supply versions of our tools on prior releases of Oracle (i.e. many products are also available for 11.5.9)
- Any hardware platform
- We can only support environments that have the database initialization parameters set as per MOS Notes 216205.1 for 11i and 396009.1 for R12
- Apple Mac. The code base for Mac versions of Excel is too different to the PC version, and MS-Windows components required to integrate Excel with a web server are not available in the Mac’s operating system.
- Office 365 (Cloud Edition). The cloud edition of MS-Excel does not provide any automation features (VBA). The browser based spreadsheet is not related to the desktop version of Excel. In order to use the More4Apps Wizards your users must continue to use the Desktop editions of Excel. So please ensure that your Office 365 implementation takes this into account. The Desktop edition is available with the Office 365 ProPlus licensing option.
- Google Sheets